Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Traditional Fall Colors = Death

Ali here!

When Elle first floated the idea of having her wedding to Mr.Blue take place around Thanksgiving I thought it was a brilliant beyond brilliant idea... Friends and family would have less trouble getting time off work, it's a time of year already devoted to being thankful for the love in your life, and the weather in Southern California is GORGEOUS in November.

Then I started looking at storyboards and articles about Thanksgiving weddings... Gourds as decoration? "Rustic" details? A woodland themed cake?

Are you kidding me with this, Martha Stewart?

Clearly none of this is going to fly for our Miss Elle. My current obsession is finding non-sucky (yes, that is a technical term) Thanksgiving weekend wedding details, and so far the things I love most have rich, textured details. Like the bouquet from marthastweartweddings.com below





Calla lilies, sweet pea, and cockscomb in shades of pink. Boo-yeah. Love the color and fullness of the bouquet, and the texture of the velvet ribbon is such a nice detail. Very Fall-ish.











Another marthastewartweddings.com find: Elle has been thinking about making pink a wedding color, and I'm liking the pink and gold tones of this table setting. I think it would need a little more "oomph" for her wedding, starting with more fullness and deeper colors in the flower arrangements, but it is oh-so-pretty. And magically gourd free.









The last thing I found on Martha Stewart Weddings today was these centerpieces, which I think would look great on smaller reception tables. I LOVE that they used latte bowls to create these. I especially like the look of stacking the bowls, with one upside-down on the table and the other stacked on top of it full of flowers. You can get these at a dozen different places for cheap and they come in so many different colors. Definitely a good option for the budget-conscious bride. Honestly this looks like something we could do ourselves... flower-arranging lessons anyone?





bisous,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment