Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Dress.

For a bride, the dress is make or break. Personally I I've planned my entire wedding around The Dress! It was a very method way of thinking:

Elle: "When I find that dress that makes me feel like a billion bucks, I will know what kind of a wedding I want."

The things that's have effected my dress making choices are a number of factors:

1. The lovely/or not so lovely ladies helping me. I have been to a total of 5 wedding gown boutiques and really what effected my dress purchase- besides the actual dress ascetics were the people there. I went dress shopping in both San Diego (originally from, and where all my family and friends live) an Phoenix (current residency), but had the most fun initially when everything seemed to fall in place. I went to a place on Scottsdale called Destiny's Bride and they really knew how to role out the red carpet. It was also a plus that I had my girlfriends there. This shop was clean and filled with love women name Vera and Monique. All on all delicious. I had the sweetest clerk and she was abundantly helpful. I got comfortable and ultimately found my "shape" (which I will discuss more later). I do have to say, that I did not buy my dress from a couple places in San Diego because I didn't feel comfortable with the ladies working there. Look I won't give you a hefty commission if your going to be a snot to me.


From here I traveled to weekend truck shows, which i highly recommend they included fab discounts designers like Augusta Jones-I love her silhouettes.


I also found another wonderful store, it was quiet and beautiful and where I actually will purchase my dress from. It is call Mariee (if you mention wedding wire you get 10% off) and it has the most beautiful dresses ranging in all prices. I am getting a Monique custom couture gown and as I said before it is dictating the entire wedding. I literally can't see myself in anything else, this explanation of my great love was very helpful when breaking the news of cost to my fiancé. Take note ladies: say you "couldn't get married without i"t. Useful tool :). That one and also- "we only get married once", is always a get.
2. The shape. I found I like the drop waist shape. I think this is the hardest and most vital part of dress shopping. For me I wanted something I can move in, while at the same time something I could feel classic and sexy in. Check!
3. I wanted something I knew would make my fiancé get "that look". You all know that look I am getting at, that "OMG I shouldn't be having these thoughts in a church look". And the one where he can't stop smiling as you walk down the isle. Hopefully check!
All and the dress is one of the only things I have committed to. Well besides my fiancé. Fall is right around the corner and I need to get on the ball. Next will be venue. But all I really want to do is keep look at bridesmaids dresses. ;)

Xoxo Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment