Tuesday, March 24, 2009

DIY Save-the-date

Elle and Mr. Elle have secured a date for their wedding! YAY!

Aaaaaaaand their reward is sifting through thousands of different (sometimes cheesy) save-the-date templates and trying to find something original to send out to their family and friends. Congrats, you guys!

Anyway, I found these DIY ideas while scouring the internet today, and I think they're cute and fun and, most importantly, different and creative. Oh, and cheap!

The first idea I came across was to make your own calendar page using a word-processing program (or printing out a template from marthastewartweddings.com...), which you then fold up, stamp, and send to your guests.


Circle your date, fold it up, slap a sticker on there to close it and BAM. DONE. You could play around with colors and fonts and really make it interesting.

I also found the image below on marthastewartweddings.com and I think all three of the ideas are pretty adorable for a destination wedding. The ones with the little maps on the front and the postcard with the state might not be completely DIY, but they're fun for a destination wedding and I think would get guests excited about traveling.



The paper airplane is my favorite (in a blue air-mail envelope, of course), and they used a custom-made rubber stamp to put the details on the back. I particularly like all of the postcard save-the-dates that I've seen because they save you the trouble of having to stuff envelopes AND they save paper. Super.

This last idea was found on elizabethannedesigns and is far and away my favorite












You can order postcards online (I found ones on zazzle and cafepress that were city specific) and then use a custom rubber stamp (check Simon's Rubber Stamps) to stamp the details on the back.

bisous,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment